Mapping the Megastorm: Track it Live

This dynamic map features the storm's current location, projected path and more
Track the movement of Hurricane Sandy on this Google Crisis Response map, which features the storm's current location, its projected path, cloud imagery and public alerts.

PHOTOS ON SKYE: Epic Storm Photos from the Twittersphere

Comments

Wayne M

This is the type of luck that you Republican Devil Worshippers draw. God don't like ugly. Talking about taking from the low and middle class to make the rich richer. U think God don't have ears. He can show you better than he can tell you That is why we have wars and hurricanes now. You bad luck Republicans And then got the nerve to bragg about it, and make fun of people. Next time, God may sweep us all across the Mediterranean Sea

October 30 2012 at 9:57 AM Report abuse -8 rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Wayne M's comment
Dorota Zegarowska Tł

How is the situation in Brooklyn? Mainly Sunset Park, Brooklyn? It is important to me, as I live in Poland and my mother is in Brooklyn. I will be obliged for the info :)

October 30 2012 at 7:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
timeonhanz

If you choose to live in an area that are known for these storms, damn be prepared at all times, I am tired of the blaming of Gov. for the acts of Mother Nature.... geez take responsibility for yourselves...and be prepared for what's heading your way, they have known about this Sandy for at least a week and a half...
I do wish a safe out come for the east coast, get real, board up your house and get the hell out of town.

October 30 2012 at 5:18 AM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply
hunthuzz

Going through many hurricanes here in Louisiana....my hearts go out to you. I know the terror. Stay safe.

October 30 2012 at 12:48 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
sharlevoix

In Farmington Hills, MI., on 3.74 acres surrounded by woods. Ive heard at least 2 large trees go down somewhere within earshot. Very loud cracking followed a massive thud made the whole house shutter, the windows rattle and lights flicker. The wind is howling and at times so strong it sounds as if a freight train is coming. Its hard to believe any hurricane could have such far reaching effects, Michigan being classified as a Midwestern State, Illinois and Wisconsin are to be affected as well.

With all of that being said, my prayers, hopes and wishes are sent to all in Sandy's path, especially those directly on the Eastern Seaboard. Stay strong and stay safe friends. I'm sure many will suffer losses, but my prayers are that all losses are contained to property and spare ANY loss of life. Friends, your life is far more precious than ANY possession you could ever own.

October 29 2012 at 10:11 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
frankkesselring

Mid-west Pa. getting hammered for a while now. HUGE gusts of wind and rain nonstop. Above all that, it's not even fully here yet !

October 29 2012 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beethoven

It's 9:31 (southcentral PA), been raining for a little over 24 hours now, power went out, came back on 10 minutes later - first surge we've had since it first hit. Supposedly it comes directly overtop of us by tomorrow morning, no longer a hurricane but a bizarre mix of storm and nor'easter. Creeks are still within banks (larger ones, anyway), but the smaller ones are starting to flood, and no word yet of the Susquehanna peaking yet. Irene did worse to us last year - come at me, bro :P

Prayers to everyone, and if you need something to cheer you up...my online school was basically cancelled for everyone on the east coast until Thursday!

October 29 2012 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
noknrc

Just south of Phila. It is 9:14PM. It has not rained in about 4 hours. Wind guts seem to be around 50MPH coming out of the north again., They were coming out of the east about an hour ago with more force. So far no big deal. Power still on with no signs of flooding or damage.

October 29 2012 at 9:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yttika1

Canton, OH. The winds are picking up to 40 mph as the storm begins here. Hard rain is beating down adding to the already soaked ground from the last few days of rain. The wind is just beginning to roar and whistle around my house. I feel like the little piggy in the brick house with the wolf huffing and puffing - hopefully when the higher winds get here a little later (65+) the trees will remain standing, even though the ground is already soaked. I feel for all of you east of me. Be safe, people!

October 29 2012 at 8:15 PM Report abuse +3 rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to yttika1's comment
Beethoven

I feel like the little piggy in the twig house...pretty sure the gusts are trying to rip the AC out of my window XD

October 29 2012 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
princess

Better to hear from you guys. It is 7:25 in the West Village and lots of wind. No howling or downpour yet---but I'm spooked until it hits land.

October 29 2012 at 7:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply