Watch: Rare Snowfall Blankets Paris

Half of France put on 'orange alert' by weather service
French Capital Wakes Up to Snowy Morning

[Silent video] Parisians woke to find the streets of the French capital carpeted in a rare blanket of snow Saturday as wintry conditions swept the country, prompting weather authority Meteo France to issue severe weather warnings. The snow and ice meant half the country was put on orange alert - the second highest level - as the snow and freezing rain led to multiple road road accidents. Five fatalities were reported, Le Monde reported.

Comments

Kristyl Adams

Would love to be there. :) Can't imagine how much fun the photography would be. Lucky all you who are there!

January 19 2013 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hemipwr54

Gullible Warning

January 19 2013 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NICKIE'S PLACE

I was born and raised in Paris and we did see that a few times. Magical, except when you have to walk in it. It turns grey in a hearbeat. Enjoy while the snow is pristine!

January 19 2013 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
india1436

Paris covered in snow, is like having double the frosting on your chocolate cake. The City of Lights, silent and covered in crystals. one of the most magical moments in my life.

January 19 2013 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darlene M Wermers

so beautiful-wish I could be there to see it!

January 19 2013 at 10:59 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Darlene M Wermers's comment
jsanto7134

Wow, I expected to see people saying that this is proof that global warming is a hoax and that they hate France and everyone in it. How refreshing! I wish I could be there too!

January 19 2013 at 11:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
songwriter704

Hey beautiful, Darlene M Wermers, wish i could afford to take you there. No strings. My ancestors are from France. Would rent a cart and drive all over. I lived in Las Vegas for 9 months back in 2008 and one day it snowed at least 2-3 inches there right on the strip. It was awesome !!!!! I'm so glad i caught that before i moved back to Florida.

January 19 2013 at 11:37 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply