Secret Message in National Weather Service Forecast

Anchorage statement includes plea for workers to get paid amid shutdown
Friday, Oct. 4, 2013
Secret Message
(NWS Anchorage, Alaska)

The Anchorage National Weather Service had a not-so-secret message for the government on Friday. The service published two versions of its forecast discussion for the day, one of which spells out the words "PLEASE PAY US" along the left side of its first paragraph. According to the Washington Post, about 4,000 National Weather Service employees are working without pay because of the government shutdown.

RELATED ON SKYE: 50 Photos of Extreme Forces of Nature
Force of Nature, Volcano

Comments

llozano

Very clever.

October 05 2013 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maggie Reinecke

never mind...I found it...sometimes I can be so dense

October 05 2013 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Maggie Reinecke

help !!!!!!!!1 I just don't see it..someone please point it out to me...

October 05 2013 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Maggie Reinecke's comment
Joyce

The letters on the left which are boxed in.Read them vertically.

October 05 2013 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bd55pack18

Are we sure this was written by the National Weather Service (NWS) and not the National Security Agency (NSA)? This seems like pretty good cryptography (code making) to me...

October 05 2013 at 5:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bd55pack18's comment
hellyon3too

Anyone who regularly does pencil puzzles could have made it. It's not that hard.

October 05 2013 at 9:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbi

Welcome to having to live and just get by... getting screwed like the rest of us...

October 05 2013 at 5:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Debbi's comment
Heidi

It is people like you I dont understand....please explain, if you can, why you would hate on a total stranger who went to school to be employed in the profession of their choice, only to have to work and not know if they are even gonna get paid? It sounds like you are " having to live and just get by... getting screwed like the rest of us..." but I have to wonder what you mean...do you have a college education, are you jobless, I just dont understand the cruel comments reguarding the people affected by the shut down. You never know what another person is going thru, what if this person isnt getting paid and he cant afford his wifes chemo therapy, or maybe has 6 kids he is supporting and is now about to lose his house....quit judging and condemning people you are not God...try praying for others in need and maybe God will bless you in return...this is to all you haters out there not just the one I responded to. Praying for you all!

October 06 2013 at 9:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
canwebesure

Those morons probably never caught on to the message. I did a similar thing in a six line poem, directed to the world famous poet teaching a class I was in. Go, ****, and he never caught it.

October 05 2013 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ncinkman

I don't even know what a jet streak is.....unless they're referring to chemtrails.

October 05 2013 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
idodeco2

So, who is it that doesn't believe in coincidence much?

October 05 2013 at 4:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
unklkevin

If the gov't is 'shut down', why are they working!?

October 05 2013 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to unklkevin's comment
mhdjl

I heard on the news yesterday that Congress was going to fund the Weather Service because of the snows in the mid-west and Karen (not sure if it is still a hurricane or downgraded to a tropical storm yet) in the Gulf of Mexico.

October 05 2013 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heidi

Some are required to, in other words, work or lose your job....the essential people needed for the safety of the public, some space station support people, without them working, peoples lives would be at risk...so they work and pray they will get paid.

October 06 2013 at 9:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
seriouslyhannah

Funny, I just made my own little note for AOL... deleted... Hahhaah! Aint easy being a pleb. Maybe I need a government job...

October 05 2013 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply